When a Veteran goes through an “Intake” in our office, the fifth question we ask is, “What was your MOS?”
For those of you who don’t know, MOS stands for Military Occupational Specialty. For civilians, it’s a lot like a job description. It describes what a soldier does in the Military. The US Army website has hundreds of MOSs listed. There is a wide variety of “Military Jobs” listed, too. They range from Special Forces Officer to Oboe Player –and everything in-between .
We ask about a Veteran’s MOS because it can have a lot to do with getting service connected for a disability claim. For instance, if a Veteran is trying to claim hearing loss, an MOS of Infantryman will support this claim a lot more than an MOS of Human Resources Specialist. The reason for this is that an Infantryman is a lot more likely to be involved in a combat situation in which he or she is exposed to loud noises, and other activities that could damage hearing.
(It is important to note that a Veteran’s MOS is not the only factor that plays into Service Connecting for a Disability Claim. In fact, an MOS is just one of many things that are considered when a claim is being reviewed.)
The VA Disability Process can be complicated. That is why so many Veterans turn to the legal professionals at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law. If you would like to know more about what we do, or if you would like a FREE consultation, give us a call at 1-877-526-3457, or tell us about your claim now by clicking here.
- The 6 Biggest Mistakes Veterans Make at C&P Exams - July 30, 2018
- Why Hire An Attorney For Your VA Disability Claim - May 8, 2018
- You may be entitled to thousands of dollars in back pay - April 20, 2018
- 4 Mistakes Veterans Make When They’re Approved - April 6, 2018
- The Best Kept Secret at the VA: The Debt Management Center - January 24, 2018
- Rural Veterans Face High Suicide Risk - January 23, 2018
- How a Prehearing Helps Your VA Disability Claim - January 5, 2018
- What Does Evidence Mean In A VA Disability Claim? - January 3, 2018
- 5 Things All Vets Can Do To Benefit Their VA Disability Claim In 2018 - December 16, 2017
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Receive VA Disability Benefits? - December 6, 2017