If you are a Veteran who has a claim pending through the VA, one thing you must prepare for is a long wait. At the current time, the entire timeline can take between two and four years for your final decision. When informed of the above, many Veterans are curious as to why it takes so long. It is actually quite simple. The VA regional offices are getting backed up. With the large amount of claims coming through the regional offices, there is a large back log. Some regional offices can have as many as 20,000 claims pending.
It is also important to know that your location has a lot to do with this timeline too. For instance, a regional office located in a major metropolitan area, like Chicago or New York City will likely be more backed up then those located in more rural areas.
It can be a long and difficult process, but that can be helped by not going at it alone. The attorneys at Jan Dils Attorneys at Law can help you get the VA Disability Benefits you deserve. See why we don’t take no for an answer and why we Fight for Vets.
- You may be entitled to thousands of dollars in back pay - April 20, 2018
- 4 Mistakes Veterans Make When They’re Approved - April 6, 2018
- The Best Kept Secret at the VA: The Debt Management Center - January 24, 2018
- Rural Veterans Face High Suicide Risk - January 23, 2018
- How a Prehearing Helps Your VA Disability Claim - January 5, 2018
- What Does Evidence Mean In A VA Disability Claim? - January 3, 2018
- 5 Things All Vets Can Do To Benefit Their VA Disability Claim In 2018 - December 16, 2017
- What Are The Basic Requirements to Receive VA Disability Benefits? - December 6, 2017
- Procrastination and Your VA Disability Claim - November 17, 2017
- How Veterans Use Meditation to Alleviate PTSD Symptoms - October 20, 2017